EWFC stands for “European Working Community for Food-Inspection and Consumer Protection” and is founded 23 February 1991 and registered in accordance with French law on associations at 19 September 1991, in Metz (France).
As of the 17th of October 2023 its registered legal seat is:
47, route de Pierrefitte 41300 SALBRIS (France) under n° W413005797.
EWFC has no physical office.
Contact is possible through the contact form on this website. (PS. the form uses 3rd party cookies)
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time. The latest version is noted in the footer with a date stamp. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What user data do we collect when surfing our pages?
The CMS (content management system) of our website is Joomla. Free modular software that has inherent cookie structure to track performance and possible threats. These are necessary for the basic function of our website. This website is monitored and maintained frequently to ensure safety of data and performance, however, as we make use of 3rd party software, we cannot give garantees on that.
When you visit our website, or use parts of the website or components of third parties or contact us, we do or may collect the following data:
- Your IP
- Your contact information, your geo-location and/or in case of correspondence, your email address
- Other information such as interests and preferences and visited parts of our information, including the used language
- Components in our website from third parties (all members of the Joomla project), may collect data (external server) on the performance and security of their software and/or the legitimate use of it.
Why we collect user data
We are collecting user data for several reasons:
- To improve our services to the visitors. To monitor and enhance the performance of our website and/or reacting on visitors questions or remarks (contactform) of the website and the type of store device identifiers (which your laptop and/or mobile device have).
- To customize our website according to your online behavior (like going back and forward) and personal preferences (like using the language switcher).
Safeguarding and securing the data
EWFC is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. EWFC has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and/or disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software and keeping the website up-to-date with the latest software and components, which help us safeguard the website and all the information we collect online. The website and its components are regularly checked and updated when nescessary or appropiate.
Our cookies and securing the cookiepolicy and use (cookies are tiny data files)
- First-party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. Only that website can read/use them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that are saved on your computer and are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
You also may agreed to us on using your data we may collect regarding your online behavior (analyze web traffic, web pages you visit or have visited etc,) All this information is anonymous and aggregated, but is traceable by an IP address. Your agreement on the cookie banner is valid for 1 year, unless changes on our website or policies makes it nescessary to reaffirm your consent. We will then reset the cookie app to ask you again to do so.
Please note that cookies don't allow us, and can not, gain control of computers in any way. Cookies are little pieces of text-coding that make a computer perfom specific tasks and are strictly used and placed to monitor page visits and preferences, and help with better use of, and provide a better experience for visitors and to help them go around in the website easily.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally, it identifies the system you use and gives an indication on the location you may be and counts to the amount of visits and/or interest in our pages. These cookies are aggregated and not used for any purpose other than those described here.
Links to other websites
Restricting the collection of your personal data
If, at some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data, you can achieve this by doing the following:
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via the contact form and we will be more than happy to change this for you or delete information (like Email addresses).
If you want to disable cookies in your website(s), you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser. You can visit https://www.internetcookies.com, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers and devices.
For more detailed control over site-specific cookies, check the privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser.
EWFC will never give, sell or distribute any personal information to any third parties, unless we have your clear permission to do so if asked. By law and if the law lawfully forces us in investigations, we might do so if necessary and other options are not available.
The data guardian of this website is the “Dutch association of food and non-food products inspectors” based in the Netherlands.
NL Chamber of commerce nr. 40345075
Netherlands, November 2023